Start Ups & Emerging Technology
We love working with Start ups and emerging technology.Our lawyers acted for one of the first internet security software providers and digital certificate authorities in 1999 and we are one of the few law firms to have advised clients extensively in the augmented reality and virtual reality sectors. We have advised the UK’s best known augmented reality providers since 2012 and we are building a reputation for expertise in biometrics, computer vision and haptics.
We offer a variety of different advisory packages to technology start-ups that ensure that key legal advice can be obtained efficiently and economically.
Our recent work includes:
- Advising a middle eastern technology investment fund on operational matters arising from its establishment in the United Kingdom;
- Advising a Turkish investment fund on a significant investment in a UK based automobile technology start-up
- Advising an international provider of augmented reality and image recognition technology on the operational and technology aspects of its series B, C and $54m series D investment rounds;
- Advising a UK start up providing employee and customer feedback on the management of its intellectual property and on its first commercial deals with a number of large international organisations operating in a variety of sectors;
- Advising a Chinese manufacturer and distributor of a new consumer technology on a broad range of issues arising from its European distribution agreements;
- Advising a UK ‘Software-as-a-Service” technology provider on a number of multi-million dollar deals with international companies in the retail sector; and
- Advising a new UK firm of architects in relation to matters arising from its commercial agreements.