Outsourcing, Cloud & Saas
A number of our lawyers are recognised as leading experts in IT and business process outsourcing. Our clients have included technology start ups, global oil companies, investment banks and pension funds. From pure play IT outsourcing (traditional desktop and cloud or SaaS solutions) to transformational business process outsourcing (in sectors including logistics, HR, insurance and fund management), we have an international reputation for successfully delivering procurement projects.
Our experience includes:
- Advising one of the UK’s largest charities on its transformational change programme. This work required us to advise on the legal issues arising from the transformation and outsourcing of the charities information technology infrastructure including the provision of a cloud computing based Customer Relationship Management System and advising on the outsourcing of contact centre services to a single national contact centre service provider;
- Advising a European energy company on all aspects of its five-year UK information technology outsourcing including advising on a framework agreement for the provision of information technology services and work orders for the provision of applications maintenance and desktop optimisation services;
- Advising a UK company on a number of agreements for the development of information technology and the provision of information technology maintenance and support services to project manage a major construction programme in the UK;
- Advising a global oil company its second-generation global HR outsourcing. This was a significant strategic transformation outsourcing, driven at board level. The size, value and the long-term nature of the services provided made this a particularly challenging project. The project comprised of the following elements:
- negotiating interim and final, design and build agreements for process design, operational management and business process outsourcing in the UK and the US;
- negotiating interim and final design, build and applications management agreements, for functional specification design, SAP System Implementation and Applications Management in the UK and the US;
- negotiating a global agreement for the outsourcing of payroll in the UK and the US;
- negotiating revisions to existing outsourcing agreements with in the UK and the US to ensure a smooth transition;
- negotiating a final operational management and business process outsourcing agreement in the UK and the US; and
- advising on the outsourcing of HR business processes in several jurisdictions in Asia.
- Advising an international insurance company on a significant transformational outsourcing and business process restructuring project to put in place five separate service agreements with a number of suppliers for the provision of insurance administration services to and from the United Kingdom, United States, Kuala Lumpar, the Philippines and India;
- Advising a UK insurance company on the outsourcing of the facilities management outsourcing of a broad range of office services in relation to all its offices in the UK to a UK facilities management provider;
- Advising a UK insurance company on its UK IT and outsourcing procurement policy and methodology for supply chain management including putting in place a suite of standard form agreements;
- Advising a US insurance company on the outsourcing of its UK hosting and data warehousing functions to an Asian information technology provider;
- Advising a large UK bank on the global outsourcing of the administration, support and maintenance of its global HR administration platform;
- Advising a large UK asset management company on a business transformation outsourcing deal to transfer the “middle office” institutional administration function of its business to a New York investment bank;
- Advising a large UK asset management company fund administration and accounting business to a Canadian bank;
- Advising a large French bank on the business process outsourcing of cash equities clearing and settlement business and the development of a treasury and cash management IT system; and
- Acting for a major UK outsourcing provider in respect of a variety of significant outsourcing projects, including the provision of insurance administration services to a major UK insurance business and the development of a new customer management IT platform for that insurance company.